This year I’m mostly focused on writing new poems, but I will be doing a few performances and workshops, and you can still find me talking poetry on KUOW.org (scroll down that page for links to segments).
- April 28: Reading with current WA Poet Laureate Tod Marshall and former WA Poet Laureate Sam Green at the Auburn Avenue Theatre. 7p.
- April 29: “From Burnout to Balance: Taking Back Your Life as a Provider.” Washington Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Details and registration.
- May 20: Art of Being: A Fundraiser for Arts and Wellness, 2 to 8p at Seattle Yoga Arts.
An afternoon and evening of yoga classes, wellness speakers, and artists as we experience Art of Being. All proceeds go to Planned Parenthood and Sanctuary Art Center, a non-profit that supports art for homeless youth. See the list of presenters.
- June 23 and 24: Chuckanut Writers Conference. Details TBA.
- July 31 – August 4 at Holden Village. Jourdan Keith and I will team teach at this remote community above the northern end of Lake Chelan, WA. More information, including an introduction to Holden. (FULL)
- Sept. 8 to 10: Poets on the Coast: A Weekend Writing Retreat for Women with Kelli Russell Agodon, Elizabeth Austen, and Susan Rich in La Connor, WA. We will gather to write, read, and share our work inspired by the art, landscape, and creative energy around us. The retreat is designed for women writers of all levels, from beginning poets to well published. Sessions on creativity, generating work, publication, a Master Class workshop, and one-on-one mentoring are included as well as morning yoga. Limited number of spaces available, and the retreat is already more than half filled. Register while rates are still at pre-season prices. More information.
- Oct. 7: Write on the Sound. Edmonds, WA. Details TBA.