This year I’m mostly focused on writing new poems, but I will be doing a few performances and workshops, and you can still find me talking poetry on KUOW.org (scroll down that page for links to segments).
- June 23 and 24: Chuckanut Writers Conference.
- “What Else Is Also True?”
- Writers Studio Plenary Session: “Getting Beyond ‘I like’ — a Contrarian Take on the Art of Giving and Receiving Feedback”
- July 31 – August 4 at Holden Village. Jourdan Keith and I will team teach at this remote community above the northern end of Lake Chelan, WA. More information, including an introduction to Holden. (FULL)
- Sept. 8 to 10: Poets on the Coast: A Weekend Writing Retreat for Women with Kelli Russell Agodon, Elizabeth Austen, and Susan Rich in La Connor, WA. We will gather to write, read, and share our work inspired by the art, landscape, and creative energy around us. The retreat is designed for women writers of all levels, from beginning poets to well published. Sessions on creativity, generating work, publication, a Master Class workshop, and one-on-one mentoring are included as well as morning yoga. Limited number of spaces available, and the retreat is already more than half filled. Register while rates are still at pre-season prices. More information.
- Oct. 7: Write on the Sound. Edmonds, WA. Details TBA.