This year I’m mostly focused on writing new poems, but I will be doing a few performances and workshops, and you can still find me talking poetry on KUOW.org (scroll down that page for links to segments).
- Jan. 29 at 11a: Reading from Winnie-the-Pooh at Open Books. For kids of all ages. Free.
- Feb. 9 at 8a: Klavano Grand Rounds Lecture at Seattle Children’s Hospital. Writing Our Way Toward Wholeness and Awareness: Poetry and Guided Journaling for Patients and Providers. Co-presenting with Julie Arguez, MSW.
- Feb. 23 to 25: I’ll be reading contemporary love poetry (including a little of my own) following performances of When Love Speaks at Taproot’s Isaac Studio Theatre. (I performed in When Love Speaks way back in 1994, in my other life as an actor.) The show runs Feb. 9 to 25; each performance will be followed by a short reading of contemporary love poems by local poets including Peter Pereira.
- June 23 and 24: Chuckanut Writers Conference. Details TBA.
- July 31 – August 4 at Holden Village. Jourdan Keith and I will team teach at this remote community above the northern end of Lake Chelan, WA. More information, including how to register and an introduction to Holden. (Places at Holden are limited; if you’re interested, don’t dawdle!)
- Sept. 8 to 10: Poets on the Coast: A Weekend Writing Retreat for Women with Kelli Russell Agodon, Elizabeth Austen, and Susan Rich in La Connor, WA. We will gather to write, read, and share our work inspired by the art, landscape, and creative energy around us. The retreat is designed for women writers of all levels, from beginning poets to well published. Sessions on creativity, generating work, publication, a Master Class workshop, and one-on-one mentoring are included as well as morning yoga. Limited number of spaces available, and the retreat is already more than half filled. Register while rates are still at pre-season prices. More information.